Monday, June 25, 2012

The YOLO Movement


I FLIPPING HATE IT!!!! Its the stupidest unjustified crap I have ever heard. I get on Facebook and all I see are peoples status updates saying something stupid and then a huge YOLO at the end of it. WTF is a YOLO?? So I asked...
A good friend of mine says its something that girls use to justify stupid actions they did the night before.. 
Example: and I quote "I just let 10 guys run a train on me. ah well YOLO" I could not stop laughing. But she was right. Guys use it too. Its stupid. 

\

I understand partying like a rockstar, taking chances, living life like its your last... But seriously? 

I just smoked a blunt. I am going to put a pic of it on FB. Yolo
I can't pay my rent but I just stood in line for a $200 pair of sneaker. YOLO
I just slept with my friends dad.. but posted her sucking off some dude on YouTube. Yolo

Get the hell out of here.lol







13 comments:

  1. I always wonder why people justified their stupidity by saying yolo. It doesn't make sense to me. We already know that you only live once, how many lives do you think you get? Ignorance is not always bliss
    _bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA OK I am so old bc none of my friend's put yolo on their fb feed. And I love what you wrote...I can't pay my rent but bought $200 sneakers YOLO. hahaha...omg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this isn't the point, but its let 10 guys run the train on me in a dirty after hours bar while its video taped. YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaaaaaaaa... she who will not be mentioned.

      Delete
  4. I agree! YOLO, wasn't intended to be a "blanche card" for all things reckless without regard for its consequences!

    YOLO should be about using each day to do better, to live better! Life is indeed short and we make the most of it for as long as we can!

    Good post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wholly agree! We used to go to a swanky restaurant called YOLO, and it didn't make us go crazy. It was a nice sentiment. Now the word has been sullied, and the real concept is lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.that's for folk who tryna die young

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best post. Seriously. Anyone who uses "YOLO" to do something dumb or low is completely dead to me haha. I'm so glad you love me enough to quote me in your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I HATE it!! We shall see each other soon.

      Delete
  8. amen to that last statement! People are taking this "movement" wayyy out of control!!

    ReplyDelete