Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yes, I know the guacamole is extra...

Money, money, money..... The root of all evil. Ugh. It comes into your life, makes you feel like you're worth something, then leaves you as soon as it realizes you have this baggage called bills. Uuuggghhhhh. Lol

I have known how to balance a checkbook since the age of 11/12, always understood its value and what it could do for me in life. I have been on my own since the day after high school and when I tell you, if I knew what I knew now.... I'd have so much money saved! Although I have gotten better with money since college alone, I LOVE TO EAT.....out. Haha

No dishes, no trash, service.... I mean that's the dream I tell you. However I just downloaded this app called Mint. It connects to your bank account and budgets exactly what you have spent for the month and incoming vs out going. Let me tell you. REALITY CHECK. You would think I was P.diddy out here spending left and right. Granted a lot of what was spent was way past needed, my eating out habits are disgusting... Lets just say over the last 3 1/2 months I have spent almost one months rent eating out!!!! Gross!!!!!!!! I mean I look great but ewwww! Eating out adds up after awhile. So for the next month I am going to try to limit myself to only spending $30.00 at the most to eating out (I'm sorry I love Chipotle way too much to not budget for it).

I am also one of those people who DREAD looking at their bank accounts. Especially after an awesome weekend out, it is like swimming with squirrels, just scary. So as apart of this new budgeting, I will be forcing myself to check my bank account daily. That way I am more aware of what I spend. Hopefully it works.

What do you do to help stay within your budget??

6 comments:

  1. I am downloading that app RIGHT now! Haha, we have the same problem. Mine isn't so much eating out, but I always find myself needing something. Either hair products, lip gloss, some time of food, pants for a certain occasion. Just ridiculous and making me broke. Try eating at home. I starting doing that about 5 months ago and I have a lot more money for myself. Plus I've learned how to many amazing food at home, have left overs and loose weight at the same time.

    -Ash <3
    lashesanyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I have gotten better at cooking at home I haven't made it a habit. So I will definitely try to be better at that.

      Delete
  2. I've heard great reviews about that app. I've talked about my budgeting, so you might have seen it, but cutting back on eating out can help immensely! To make it easier on myself, I budget the bills and expenditures, then how much I want to save each month, which leaves me with "fun money". That's how I know how much I have to spend on eating out and other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hav read those blogs you write on your budgets. At the time I was so broke a budget wasn't even an idea... I started making real money and then things went crazy. I'll have to look back over those. Lol. My phone money will be car money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about having an app like that but I get scared, too! My husband is the brains of our (financial) operation and takes care of most things. He has informed me that our food bill is bonkers. Primarily because of eating out. (Four of us and the kids aren't on the kiddie menu anymore.) I try to plan to eat in more often these days even though I love the convenience of eating out! I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the convenience of eating out! Mentally I'm good at knowing if I have money or not... But eating out is just so easy!

      Delete